Friday 30 May 2014

WIP 15mm Sisters of Battle

Hi guys, the next 15mm 40K army off the ranks is the Sisters of Battle, I am using Prydians from The Ionage, I bought 2 packs of the females and a male command pack, I have converted the males to female, and added details, they aren't finished, they will all get tabbards, I have 40 of these, the pics aren't that great, they will have Rhino transports, and maybe a small walker or 2, some jump pack troops, and maybe some allies, what colour do you think I should do them? I was thinking to make them as close to the 28mm version of doing them Black with red material and white hair and details, but I also thought white with pink material and details would look good, thoughts?





8 comments:

  1. Pale turquoise with magenta material could look good (and easier than painting white).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're all guns blazing with the W40K 15mm stuff! These look brilliant. Personally I've always liked the traditional black/red/white or white/red schemes, but it could be nice to see something a bit different on these Sisters of Battle.

    I see SoB as quite a conservative lot though, so maybe they wouldn't armour themselves in anything too gaudy. Hmm, I wonder if a gunmetal with gold trim might look good? I do like Tamsin's suggestion though.

    I've been inspired by your 15mm 40K to have a go myself - I'm currently painting some Inquisitorial Stormtroopers/Scions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Me and some of the guys were also inspired by you. I've got 2 of a 5 man Imperial Fists Scout Squad done, with 30 Orion Infantry -soon to be full brothers- in the post. and a small mechanized Chaos Cultist unit outback with drying spray paint on it. I look forward to viewing how these ladies turn out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, leaning toward traditional black with red and white, sorry Tamsin my Tau are already turquoise, and I imagine the girls would be pissed if they turned up in the same outfit, glad to hear you guys are doing 15mm 40k, want to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can't go wrong with black/red/white.

      I've painted-up a squad of Inquisitorial Scions now, though nothing like your level of conversion (mostly out-of-the-pack Rebel Minis figures): http://pawncocktail.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/inqusitorial-scions-tw-w40k.html

      Delete
    2. only got the one scout done up all pretty and painted. http://skiesoffliesgroundofrust.blogspot.com/2014/05/imperial-fists-scout-in-15mm.html

      Delete
  5. Cool to see more people starting these projects, I will be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete